Monday, May 11, 2015

Everything is Awesome...

So we've always called our kids "team". We have the A team (Adam and Brooke are baby A's). The B team, the original team, the new team, the whole team, etc. And then when I finally saw the Lego movie like a month ago (I know, I'm slow)...I knew we had found our theme song. 
Everything is awesome,
Everything is cool when you're part of a team
Everything is awesome when you're building a dream.
Okay so that might be wrong but that's how we sing it :)
Today we needed to be out of the house for a long time (carpet cleaning) and so we did a LOT. And I'm exhausted. And the kids are exhausted. But I realized tonight that everyone did great! We survived it because we were a team. And everything was awesome. Except for about 15 minutes at the end of checking out at Wal Mart when we had fighting and screaming and had to have help out to the car because I literally bought every big item I could and then realized that my car was full of junk and it was hot and the stupid checkout lady asked to see my ID...with a debit card! Really? I'm in my sweats trying to discipline 4 kids while buying luggage that you made me put on the belt and personally check to see if it was all there and you want to make sure I'm not an identity thief? JUST LET ME GET OUT OF THERE! :) Oh yeah and the last 10 minutes of the waiting room at the doctor's office when I had 2 escapees deciding that they had had enough of "Mickey says" and ran screeching down the hallway. Or when we ate lunch at Sams and the lights were out in the bathrooms for some reason so we all went potty in the dark. And then of course I remembered I could have used my phone flashlight :) Actually that part was awesome because it was two dark to have my "helpers" unroll the tp all over :)

So what do you do when you still have a couple of hours to be out of the house and you've already:
  • gotten gas
  • returned the redbox movies
  • picked up a perscription
  • eaten lunch
  • bought everything at walmart?
You grab your leftover tokens and head to Chuck E Cheese of course! It was awesome...the tokens lasted about a half an hour and then there was still a few free things to do and buttons to push and tickets to turn in. And then since we had pizza for lunch, we hit Taco Bell and the park next door on the way home. Drop the kiddos off with dad and head out for an appointment.





I don't plan  to have days like this very often. I certainly don't expect them to go so smoothly either. But I think what made the biggest difference in my day was that it was relaxed! I had NO agenda or expectations. We just simply had to be somewhere else. The doctor is taking a little bit too long? No problem let's just count the flowers on the wallpaper. We forgot the bananas? No worries let's go back and get them. We have one more diaper change? No big deal, it's time for a break anyway. Fell asleep in the car? Great, you need a nap anyway we can wait. Drive throuh messed up the order? Take your time, we can wait. Don't get me wrong. Brooke yelling "drink!" every 2 seconds from the backseat was not very fun. But it was funny to hear Erica answer back, "taco bell!" because I said we would get water at Taco Bell. So for about 10 minutes our conversation was "Drink!" "No Taco Bell!" "Drink!" "Taco Bell!" And that my friends is what having twins is really like :) I even laughed hysterically when one twin hit the other in the face. Because I was just soaking up the moments. Maybe I'm on a Mother's Day euphoria or something (we watched home movies last night so of course I'm extra emotional about kids today :) but really I think we are just a really great team right now...
and everything is awesome.

And I am so happy to be building THIS dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment